How to Use Picture-in-Picture on Your Android
Picture-in-picture (PiP) is a useful feature that allows you to keep watching a video in a small floating window while you navigate to other apps on your Android device. This feature can be especially useful for multitasking or when you want to watch a video while doing something else. Here’s how to use picture-in-picture on your Android device:
- Check for compatibility: Picture-in-picture is not available on all Android devices, so it’s important to check if your device supports this feature. To do this, go to the “Settings” app on your device, tap on “Apps & notifications,” and then tap on the “Special app access” option. If your device supports PiP, you will see a “Picture-in-picture” option under the “Special app access” section.
- Start a video in PiP mode: To use picture-in-picture, you first need to start a video in PiP mode. To do this, simply play a video in a compatible app, such as YouTube or Google Chrome, and then tap on the “PiP” button in the video player. If your device supports PiP, the video will shrink into a small floating window and you can continue to watch it while navigating to other apps.
- Resize and move the PiP window: The PiP window can be resized and moved to any part of the screen. To resize the window, simply pinch in or out on the PiP window. To move the window, simply drag it to a different part of the screen.
- Control the video in PiP mode: While in PiP mode, you can control the video by tapping on the PiP window. This will bring up a control panel with options for pausing, rewinding, and fast-forwarding the video. You can also tap on the “Close” button to close the PiP window and return to the full-screen video.
- Use other apps while in PiP mode: While the video is playing in PiP mode, you can use other apps on your device, such as checking your email, browsing the web, or playing games. The PiP window will remain on top of other apps and you can continue to watch the video while using other apps.
- Switch back to full-screen mode: If you want to switch back to full-screen mode, simply tap on the PiP window and then tap on the “Full screen” button. This will return the video to full-screen mode and you can continue to watch it as normal.
- Exit PiP mode: To exit PiP mode and stop the video, simply tap on the “Close” button in the PiP window or navigate back to the app where the video is playing and tap on the “Exit PiP” button.
In conclusion, picture-in-picture is a useful feature that allows you to keep watching a video in a small floating window while you navigate to other apps on your Android device. Whether you want to watch a video while checking your email, browsing the web, or playing games, PiP is a convenient way to multitask and enjoy your videos. By following these steps, you can easily use picture-in-picture on your Android device and take advantage of this useful feature.